3624 N Bishop Ln Scottsdale, AZ 85251
What is the Cleaning Process at Moe Tavassoli Oriental Rugs?
These are the steps we take when we accept your rug for cleaning:
1. Extensive, thorough inspection and documentation. The inspection will reveal whether a rug is machine- or handmade, what its likely country of origin is, and its fiber content. These factors are important to a determination of the rug’s suitability for washing. Visible pre-existing conditions such as tea-washing, old spotting attempts, tears, sun-fade, residue from past cleanings, unraveling, excessive soiling, stains, and other damage will be noted and discussed with the client prior to cleaning. Each rug is digitally photographed and the photo is saved in the client’s file.
2. Dye Testing. “Bleeding” of dyes is caused by many factors, made more complicated by the fact that weaving techniques are being imitated by rug producers in many countries. It is not possible these days to look at a rug and determine by inspection alone that the dyes will not bleed. This is why we test every rug before cleaning. If your rug has twenty colors in it, we will do twenty tests. If we determine that your rug’s dyes are likely to migrate, we will discuss alternative cleaning methods with you.
3. Dusting. Particulate matter is removed from the rug prior to washing. After the rug has been washed and is dry, we dust again.
4. Washing. Your rug is next washed with flowing water and given a gentle bath. This bath thoroughly cleanses, refreshes and brightens the rug. The shampoo is a neutral-balanced solution that has been customized for your rug based on our testing of its color and fibers. The rug will also be conditioned in appropriate cases.
5. Grooming. Your rug will be inspected, dusted, brushed and prepared for return.
6. Drying. The water is removed from the rug by hand – no wringers or rollers. Once as much water is removed as possible, the rug is hung to dry naturally. This usually takes 24 to 48 hours. In some cases, we may determine that it is safer to dry your rug flat.
7. Results. You will be delighted by your rug’s fresh, bright appearance!